JDG was engaged by the new land owner of the decommissioned Alcoa site located at Yennora, JDG’s engagement is to provide electrical consulting, Level 3 ASP and Project Management services to allow for the staged subdivision of the site.
JDG was engaged due our ability to provide a full turn key services solution, from concept design through the Level 3 ASP design process, Electrical Building Services Engineering and Client Side Project Management services which allows us to seek multiple quotes from Level 1 ASP’s and Electrical Contractors to ensure our clients get value for money that is managed by someone that knows the process.
The current scope of JDG’s engagement consists of:-
- The staged Industrial Subdivision
- Installation of new 11kV Overhead Assets
- removal of High Voltage Customer Connections
- Installation of new Padmount Substations and Low Voltage reticulation
- New Temporary Builders Supplies
- Compile a scope of works based on the Level 3 Design, tendered to selected Level 1 ASP’s, reviewed tender submissions to ensure compliance to RFQ, assessed potentials for variations form submissions, provided a tender evaluation on supplied tenders.
- Upon award to a Level 1 ASP, JDG reviewed all Safety and Environmental documentation to ensure compliance to statutory and legal requirement, ensure initial site inductions are carried out.
- Review and monitor performance of the Level 1 ASP contractor by site visits and audits and progress meetings.
- Review and process contractor claims and invoices.
- Design of new LV switchboards and metering to allow for conversion from a HVC to Low Voltage Customer
- Design of alternate power connections for essential services such as Hydrant Pumps when the site was disconnected from the 33kV Substation
- Circuitry to ensure that during the conversion from HVC to LV Customer that all electrical circuits were re-energised and to current Australian Standards
AT JDG we can complete all facets of Electrical works providing the client an unbiased and independent approach to your needs, from your Level 3 ASP Design to completion of Level 1 ASP Constructions and Electrical Contractor works. Our Independence allows us to seek and source value for money from multiple and suitably qualified Level 1 ASP and Electrical contractors.