JDG Consulting were engaged by NSW Department of Education to provide a full array of services to upgrade the incoming electrical supply to the school as well as upgrade the Main Switchboard and all associated Distribution Boards throughout the school.
JDG Consulting was engaged due our ability to provide a full turnkey solution for the client, from scoping to delivery, Endeavour Energy level 3 design to construction, this allows us to seek multiple quotes from ASP Level 1 companies and Electrical Contractors to ensure our clients get value for money that is managed by someone that knows the process.
JDG successfully completed this project in May 2017. The project was delivered both on time and to budget. To complete this project successfully, JDG were required to execute the project with the least amount of disruption to the school as possible whilst maintaining a tight schedule, this meant that JDG Consulting had to efficiently managed the client’s requirements via effective communication and coordination with the entire project team to ensure conformance with the client’s performance brief and regulatory requirements.
The scope of JDG’s engagement included:
- Installation of new Endeavour Energy Padmount Substations and Low Voltage Reticulation
- Installation of new High Voltage Overhead Assets
- Earthing Design
- Poles Profiles and Conductor Tensions
- Telecommunication asset relocation
- Electrical Reticulation
- Main Switchboard Design
- Distribution Switchboard Design
- Ensure that all electrical circuits were designed to current Australian Standards
- Design and negotiation with network authorities, developer, builder and services consultants
- Compile a scope of works based on the Level 3 Design and Building Services Design, tendered to selected Level 1 ASP’s, reviewed tender submissions to ensure compliance to RFQ, assessed potentials for variations form submissions, provided a tender evaluation on supplied tenders.
- Upon award to a Level 1 ASP, JDG reviewed all Safety and Environmental documentation to ensure compliance to statutory and legal requirement as well as ensure initial site inductions were carried out
- Review and monitor performance of the Level 1 ASP contractor by site visits, safety audits and progress meetings.
- Review and process contractor claims and invoices
At JDG Consulting, we manage projects from scoping to delivery, design to construction, which means our services cover all aspects of Electrical Infrastructure works whilst providing the client with an unbiased and independent approach to your needs, from your Level 3 ASP Design to completion of Level 1 ASP Construction and Electrical Contractor works. Our Independence allows us to seek and source value for money from multiple and suitably qualified Level 1 ASP and Electrical contractors.